Here’s the outcome of the third Cashflow game I played. It took me an hour to get out of the rat race, but this time, I won the game. Hooray!
Game Three (Using the electronic version with 2 computer opponents)
[easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”right” asin=”B0002R5IKI” cloaking=”default” height=”160″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51DNRzrEZmL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”earweaforyouf-20″ width=”160″]
My Occupation: Airline Pilot
Opponents’ Professions: Janitor and Firefighter
Winner: 1st place: Airline Pilot (me)
2nd place: Janitor
3rd place: Firefighter
Lessons Learned-How I Won
As I was playing this game, I made some interesting observations:
- My profession as an airline pilot has the largest amount of expenses and debt. Nevertheless, I was able to use debt to acquire more properties and businesses that provided a lot of cashflow.
- I now understand what Robert Kiyosaki meant when he mentioned in his book [easyazon_image add_to_cart=”default” align=”left” asin=”1612680003″ cloaking=”default” height=”75″ localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” src=”https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pnCTbMqOL._SL75_.jpg” tag=”earweaforyouf-20″ width=”50″] how his rich dad taught him that the way to achieve wealth is by playing [easyazon_link cloaking=”default” keywords=”Monopoly” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”earweaforyouf-20″]Monopoly[/easyazon_link] in real life. In other words, buy 4 green houses and trade them in for 1 red hotel. Instead of green houses and red hotels, I bought 3Br/2Ba houses and duplexes with small cashflow amounts and traded them in for businesses and an apartment building that had large cashflow amounts. This allowed me to accumulate enough passive income to get out of the rat race in a relatively short amount of time.
- Ironically, the janitor got out of the rat race first. However, she was unable to acquire enough businesses on the fast track because she kept losing all her cash by landing on “divorce” and “tax audit”.
- The janitor’s inability to buy businesses due to lack of cash gave me the opportunity get onto the fast track and land on my dream (African Safari) and win the game.
- The more I play this game, I noticed that sometimes things don’t always turn out the way you think. For example, I thought that the janitor would eventually win the game because she got out of the rat race and onto the fast track first. Who would have thought that she would run into some obstacles (through the roll of the dice) that prevented her from winning? That’s just how life is–unpredictable.
This is not the first time I have played Cashflow as an airline pilot. However, this is the first time I have won. I did not think it was possible prior to this game because the pilot has a lot of debt and liabilities, such as taxes, child expenses, and credit card debt. Besides, my financial IQ was not as high then as it is now. I think the best strategy of getting out of the rat race for anyone who has the airline pilot as a profession should use other people’s money (bank loans) as leverage to buy properties that provide cashflow. When the opportunity arises (using the market cards), sell the properties and use the remaining cash to pay off the bad debt and purchase more properties.
It is my hope that I have piqued your interest to perhaps play Cashflow and see for yourself what I’m talking about. The Cashflow game is designed to teach those who play it the lessons and principles taught in the book [easyazon_link cloaking=”default” keywords=”Rich Dad, Poor Dad” localization=”default” locale=”US” nofollow=”default” new_window=”default” tag=”earweaforyouf-20″]Rich Dad, Poor Dad[/easyazon_link]
I welcome your comments or thoughts about playing this game. If you are interested in learning how to be successful in either making money online and/or owning a business, then you must increase your financial IQ and also learn the basics of running a business the right way. Click here to find out how you can learn the basics for free.
Have a great day,